Ideal Massage has added Percussion Therapy with Massage Gun to their list of services.
This does not replace hands on massage therapy but only enhance your massage session.
Every License Massage Therapist will have access to a massage gun in their Massage room. Just let your therapist know you want to try it in your regularly book session. This is just one extra tool that any therapist can use to give you the best session you’re looking for.
FREE – NO EXTRA COST
Percussion massage is a breakthrough treatment for soft tissue pain and soreness through the use of a tool that provides rapid, short duration pulses deep into the soft tissues of the body. This innovative tool accelerates the growth and repair of tissues by heavily increasing blood flow to the area.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Relaxing of thickened connective tissue and fascia.
- Breaking down of adhesion and internal scar tissue, present after injuries or surgery.
- Increased venous and lymphatic/blood circulation in a pain area.
- Increases oxygen supply to the area.
- Reducing the accumulation of lactic acid build up.
- Decreasing the occurrence of delayed onset muscle soreness
- Elongating muscle fiber, especially when spasms, stiffness and restrictions are present.
- Increase range of movement by relieving stiff joints.
- Can break apart these soft tissue adhesions and scar tissue, improving mobility and reducing pain.
Is Percussion Massage Good for You?
Generally, percussion massage therapy is beneficial to anyone and everyone.
It has a wide range of benefits for athletes, those recovering from injuries, and the everyday person.
Maybe you sit at an office desk all day and have neck and back soreness.
Percussion therapy can help relax your muscles and relieve the pain.
Athletes benefit from the improved oxygen distribution and blood circulation in the body.
This reduces post-workout muscle soreness and cramps, accelerating the body’s ability to recover and heal faster.
It is also an amazing pre-competition warm-up.
Percussive massage gives balance to the targeted muscle group; tones the muscles while relieving tightness, and reduces physical stress on the bones and joints.
So to reiterate, this type of massage benefits regular “Joes,” athletes and certain injuries.
The machine can penetrate deeper into the muscle than you could with just your hands.
Benefits Of Percussion Massage
Let’s explore the benefits in more detail.
- Medical Applications. There are times when percussive therapy is used for post-surgery treatment, as it’s known to break down internal scar tissue while increasing venous and lymphatic circulation. This speeds up the healing time. Percussion also treats stiff joints and muscle spasms, as it elongates the muscle fibers. This relaxes both the muscles and fascia, therefore preventing any future occurrence of muscle spasms.
- Enhanced Athletic Performance. World-class trainers use percussion massagers on professional athletes all the time. Basketball superstar Kyrie Irving received percussion treatment during the breaks of the 2017 NBA Finals games, in order to prevent and treat cramping. Also, since this type of massage stretches the muscles and connective tissues, it improves the athletes’ overall responsiveness and performance.Percussion massage generates 30x more powerful contractions of the muscle, which enhances muscle strength and recovery time. The improved blood circulation reduces muscle soreness and fatigue, enabling athletes to perform longer and more frequently.
- Rehabilitation. This type of therapy speeds up the rehabilitation process of muscles that have been injured due to disease, injury or surgery. The contractions caused by the percussor strengthen the muscles. This is extremely beneficial for people who can’t participate in physical therapy. It is used on patients with partial or full paralysis to stimulate the muscles, prevent non-use atrophy, and improving reflex responses in which the nerves respond to stimulation.
- Wellness Benefits. There are overall health and wellness benefits as well such as: lowering blood pressure; enhancing immunity; improving sleep; eliminating toxins; improving digestion; improved organ/tissue health; improving sleep patterns; and balancing the autonomic nervous system. Great stuff!
- Relaxation. Like most massages, this type of massage is very relaxing and feels amazing.
- Reduced Stress Levels. By improving blood and oxygen circulation, percussion massage promotes deeper breathing levels and relaxation; thus, reducing stress and anxiety.
- Pain Relief. Percussion massage relieves pain and muscle soreness without the use of drugs. Your brain processes from very specific frequencies and percussion massage interject with those frequencies to cause pain relief.
- Cosmetic Procedures And Scaring. Percussive massage helps in freeing adhesions, breaking down scar tissue, and decreasing the inflammation that can sometimes follow cosmetic procedures. This accelerates the healing and recovery time of the patient.
- Mobility & Flexibility. Flexibility and mobility is improved due to relaxation and stretching of muscles tissues and fascia.
- Is a Massage Gun Safe for Low Back Inflammation?If you suffer from an inflamed lower back, you may want to steer clear from massage guns for now, or use cautiously if you have any of these conditions:
Can You Use a Massage Gun on the Cervical Area?
We would highly recommend avoiding using a massage gun in the cervical area if you suffer from neck injuries such as a cervical bulging disc, DDD or neck arthritis.This could cause a possible trauma if not by a professional and could lead to further muscle and spinal damage.
Can You a Massage Gun for Arthritis/Pinched Nerves/Sciatica?
Through our research, we believe that using a high-end powerful massage gun for back injuries such as Sciatica or Arthritis – may cause more harm than good.
The more power and pressure does not mean the better the treatment, and you may actually be overstraining an already jeopardized structure.
Is This Therapy Safe For Those With Injuries?
Percussion massage is relatively safe, but it’s not for everyone. As always, be sure you consult your doctor.
Since intensity can be high it could make certain conditions or pain worse.
Some of the circumstances and conditions where percussion therapy should not be used are:
- lumbar injuries
- cardiovascular diseases
- advanced level of diabetes
- certain types of chronic back pain or injuries
- when taking blood thinning medication
Percussive therapy is a method of inducing blood flow in a rapid manner to soft tissue in muscles, tendons and ligaments throughout the body. … It also elongates muscle fibers while providing relief on joints … which is your basic elevator pitch for stretching
The massage gun can activate the muscles, stimulate blood flow, greatly reduce muscle recovery time, relieve pain and relax from head to toe.